Friday, February 10, 2012

The Artist is The Best Movie of The Year

The Artist is not only the best movie I saw in 2011 but might be the best movie I have seen since The Social Network.

It is a wildly entertaining, superbly acted B+W "silent" film that works so well precisely because I believe most people, including me, go into it thinking there is no way this will be good and leave the theater in amazement that a film that doesn't talk can speak to you so clearly.

While everyone knows it is a B+W "silent" film I put silent in quotations as it is the first "silent" film that I have ever seen play with the concept of being "silent" (and yes I have seen many silent movies with Buster Keaton's The General being the best in my opinion).

Jean Dujardin and Berenice Bejo are magnificent in the movie and in a perfect world both would win Oscar's for their portrayals and while I have met the whole cast before and gotten their autographs I am so mad at myself for not seeing it before then as my appreciation for them has grown ten-fold since.

Do yourself a favor and go see this "silent" movie and discover what I did: one of the most enjoyable 2 hours I have had at the movies in ages!

2 comments:

  1. 100% agree with you on this one! I myself have seen the movie 10 times now and counting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear others who agree with me on this one!

      Delete