Wednesday, May 16, 2012

John Lydon AKA Johnny Rotten of The Sex Pistols! NO Autographs!

As a teenager I was a huge fan of The Sex Pistols and honestly til this day I still am so when I heard Johnny would be making a rare talk show appearance in LA I was all in as I wanted to get an autograph of this Living Legend! Sadly, that did not happen.

As soon as he got out of his car John says look its eBay! Now, do I sell autographs? Yes, I do. Do I keep autographs as well? Yes, I do. (And believe me I planned on keeping his autographs!) And this pissed me off and pisses me off every time a celebrity speaks this line. This whole idea that nobody is a real fan and everyone just wants to make money off of them is bullshit. It would be like me saying Johnny (and any other celebrity who says this) you don't give a shit about your fans you just want to make money off of us. (Wait a minute, that might be true!)

Anyways, finally he agree's to sign and tells everyone to get in a line and the dumb idiots like me (and quite a few others who listened) got nothing and the other's who didn't listen swarm him and after about 5 autographs he stops signing and then on the way out sneaks out and thus goes probably any chance of me getting this guy for my collection. F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really was a fan Johnny. I know you don't give a shit, but I really was.


6 comments:

  1. Bumer. Although I don't sell I know many athletes do the same. Tiger is very selective now on what he will sign as he knows the value of each. But Hollywood is different...they should want to sign and even have you guys sell so that their face is out there. If they want to avoid this they should personalize everything and take their time. I think Thearon will be on Kimmel so it will be interesting to see if you get her. Maybe this guy will do TTM's (Through the mail). Got Emma Stone and Cameron Diaz recently and their signatures were nice. It says on database that John's address is but havent seen a success, but maybe because of older generation that likes him:

    John Lydon
    Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein
    1925 Century Park East
    22nd Floor
    Los Angeles, CA 90067
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the comment, never in a million years will I go to Kimmel for Charlize! She is horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah but "knowing you" you're still going to try for Theron. We'll see.
    Sorry about your encounter with Lydon. I did get him a while back when he was on Kimmel. Seemed nice as can be. I right away volunteered the personalization. Also as a backup instead of photo's bring product along ( albums/cd's ). They seem to be much more cooler signing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Knowing me" What I said was I am not going and if you knew me you would know I am not going.

      Delete
  4. I ment no offense Will! Sorry if you took what I said that way. Considering you seem to come out every night and that you do sell It's hard to believe you wouldn't at least try. My apologies again! This hobby is supposed to be fun. Let's all enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor was any taken. I do this alot I will give you that but I also don't do what I know is next to impossible and that is Charlize. Its a numbers game to me. I believe there is a 99% chance she doesnt sign so I am not going. If she does sign I am happy for everyone who gets her but the numbers (based on previous experiences with her) are that she wont do it. Plus, the last 4 times on Kimmel Manny hasnt signed either.

      Delete